Tuesday 21 December 2010

UKTGLA!!

Towards the end of September this year, a couple of days before I started university, I came up with the fabulous idea of forming my own Facebook group dedicated to Turkish and Turkish Cypriot LGBTs living in the United Kingdom. I called it:

UK Turkish Gay and Lesbian Association (UKTGLA)


Like this blog, the group is also relatively new and, as a result, only has 23 members so far. Despite this arguably major shortcoming, I did nevertheless find it reassuring to know that I wasn't the only member of the Turkish community in this country who liked to park their bike up the dirt track.

So, why should you care about this? Well, you are reading this blog, aren't you? Join =). Please!!!

One particularly important aspect, I must say, is the Turkish-language "LGBT hayatı" discussion threads that I've created in the group's "Discussions" tabs, highlighting LGBT life in different parts of the UK in the Turkish language. I hope that group members will add more info to these threads, thus helping us form useful information "brochures", so to speak, for LGBT Turks whose command of English isn't particularly advanced.

If you join, I will love you eternally =).

No comments:

Post a Comment